You may have heard that Swan Brewing, opening Friday night, will offer a bevy of beers brewed straight outta Lakeland, but you might not know that the brewery/taproom plans to host live music six days a week.
Starting with Quittin’ Time playing its grand-opening party, the new downtown venue at 115 W. Pine St. is scheduling music every day of the week except Mondays. Its Facebook page lists bookings for the next month.
Depending on weather and size of the group, musicians might play under the illuminated swan logo beyond the long vintage bar inside the converted auto repair shop or on the patio overlooking Lake Wire, partner/spokesbrewer Dan Thumberg says.
Other music highlights this week include:
- Sarasota reggae band Jah Movement returns to the Lake Mirror Amphitheater Friday at 6 p.m. to again provide the soundtrack for the city of Lakeland’s Green Celebration in honor of Earth Day.
- Polk County Hip-Hop Bash features 10 artists from around Central Florida at 8 p.m. Friday at Florida Orange Event Center on Combee Road.
- Rex Floyd is LkldLive’s tribute to Pink Floyd Friday at 8. Rexartrefkin performs amid lights, lasers and video projections. Rich Mistretta opens with a tribute to The Beatles.
- Rap pioneer Sir Mix-a-Lot will no doubt express posterior appreciation when he performs at Wild Greg’s Saloon Saturday at 7.
- From Georgia, Jawga Boyz mix country, hip hop and party feels at Masons Live Saturday at 8.
And here’s our complete music calendar: