The Detroit Tigers’ Spring Training schedule, reduced to 19 games from the 33 scheduled before the players’ lockout, starts March 18 with a home game at Joker Marchant Stadium against the Philadelphia Phillies.
The season concludes on April 6 with a home game against the Baltimore Orioles.
The Tigers are part of a four-team pod that also includes the Phillies (five games), New York Yankees (five games) and Toronto Blue Jays (four games). They also play the Pittsburgh Pirates (two games) and Orioles (three games), the Detroit Free Press reported.
Single-game tickets go on sale here on Sunday, which is also the first mandatory report day for all major league teams.
2022 spring training schedule
- March 18: Phillies (Lakeland).
- March 19: Pirates (Bradenton).
- March 20: Yankees (Tampa).
- March 21: Blue Jays (Lakeland).
- March 22: Phillies (Clearwater).
- March 23: Pirates (Lakeland).
- March 24: Yankees (Lakeland).
- March 25: Blue Jays (Dunedin).
- March 26: Phillies (Lakeland).
- March 27: Orioles (Sarasota).
- March 28: Yankees (Lakeland).
- March 30: Phillies (Clearwater).
- March 31: Blue Jays (Dunedin).
- April 1: Yankees (Lakeland).
- April 2: Orioles (Lakeland).
- April 3: Phillies (Clearwater).
- April 4: Blue Jays (Lakeland).
- April 5: Yankees (Tampa)
- April 6: Orioles (Lakeland)
RELATED: A shortened spring training affects city coffers and local merchants, The Ledger reports. The city of Lakeland keeps $8 from every $10 parking space at Tigertown. “The only dollars we’re losing is some of the parking revenue,” Parks and Rec Director Bob Donahay said. “We’ll recoup.”
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org