The last day to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election is Monday. Here is a look at where to register and other important dates between now and Election Day.
Registration deadline: Monday, Oct. 5
Polk County residents who are eligible to vote can register online or pick up paper ballots at several locations countywide, including city halls, libraries, chambers of commerce and many banks. Check this list of Lakeland locations where forms may be picked up.
Request a mail ballot: Now through Oct. 24
Ways to request a vote-by-mail ballot:
- Call the Supervisor of Elections Office, (863) 534-5888.
- Visit Polk elections offices at 250 South Broadway Avenue, Bartow, or 70 Florida Citrus Blvd. Winter Haven.
Completed ballots must be returned by 7 p.m. on Nov. 7. Be sure to sign the envelope, using your official signature. (Vote-by-mail FAQs)
Drop off your ballot: In addition to mail, ballots can be dropped off into sealed boxes at the elections office or early voter locations. Here’s a complete list of drop-off locations and dates.
Early voting: Oct. 19 to Nov. 1
Early voting will be available daily Oct 19 to Nov. 1 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at nine locations around Polk County. Lakeland sites are:
- Polk County Government Center, 930 E. Parker St. (map)
- Simpson Park Community Center, 1725 Martin L. King Jr. Ave. (map)
- Retrieve a sample personalized to your address and find your polling place using this online form.
- View a with all Polk County races (some will be outside your district) by clicking here or just keep scrolling.
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: email@example.com