Leadership Lakeland, a Lakeland Chamber of Commerce program to develop community leaders, has introduced the 30 members of its 38th class. The members will devote one day each month for the next nine months to learning about different segments of community life, such as government, health care, education, economy, human services, criminal justice, art and media.
Prospective class members apply after being nominated for the program by chamber members or former participants. Those chosen include:
- Dr. Lauren Albaum, Junior League of Greater Lakeland
- Gwen B. Allen, Southeastern University
- William C. Anderson, City of Lakeland
- Danielle Kalethia Baker, United Way of Central Florida
- Robert Bohrer, Streamalign
- Sheena Marie Butts, Lakeland Regional Health
- Dorcas A. Laidler Crumbley, Essential Catering Solutions
- Albert Cummings III, Blake Academy
- Dr. Yesenia Dejesus-Suarez, Lakeland Surgical and Diagnostic Center
- Kerry Falwell, Explorations V Children’s Museum
- Rev. Dr. John Fullerton, First Presbyterian Church Lakeland
- Frances Loletha Hadley-Ervin, Hadley’s Early Education / Inspire Academy
- Lane Kathryn Hickey-Wiggins, Douglass Screen Printers, Inc. dba DPRINT
- Kaylee Holland, LALtoday, 6AM City
- Stephanie Amber Hoskins, Good Intents Marketing LLC
- Cindy Joyce, MADE Brands
- Ella Kimbrel, Harrell’s, LLC
- Robert Fitzhugh Lay, SERVPRO of Lakeland
- Kevin LeVine, Harrison School for the Arts
- Grady William Martin, Saddle Creek Logistics Services
- Theodore R.M. Miller, Miller Law, P.A.
- Teresa M. O’Brien, Help(her) LLC
- Dr. Melody Susan Rider, Keiser University
- Sterling Jackson Searcy CPS Investment Advisors
- Dwaine Stevens, Publix Super Markets Inc.
- Dr. Sallie Stone, Well-done Events!
- Jermaine D. Thornton, Florida Dance Theatre
- Matthew James Vaughn, Peterson & Myers, P.A.
- Heide Evans Waldron, Bonnet Springs Park
- C. Edward Young, Aerospace Center for Excellence
Class chair is Nicole Travis, director of Community & Economic Development for the city of Lakeland. Chair-elect is Michael Huff, president of Pre-Con Construction of Florida. Program director is Sarah Breed, director of initiatives for the Lakeland Chamber.
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org