Keep up with Lakeland.
Get your local news delivered right to your inbox. Each Thursday, you’ll receive the latest news, and a preview of weekend events.
Three aircraft piloted by members of the Lakeland Aero Club will fly by Lakeland health care and law enforcement/rescue facilities to honor first responders on Friday from 8:30 to 8:55 a.m.
The club is made up of high school students interested in aviation. Their route takes them past buildings for Lakeland Regional Health, Watson Clinic, Lakeland Police Department and the Polk County Sheriff’s Department.
The route of the fly-by:
● Depart Lakeland Aero Club HQ
● Lakeland Fire Department, 701 E. Main St.
● Lakeland Police Department, 219 N. Massachusetts Ave.
● Lakeland Regional Health, 1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
● Watson Clinic, 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
● Polk County Sheriff’s Northwest Command Center, 1045 W. Wedgewood Estates Blvd.
● Polk County Sheriff’s Southwest Command Center, 4120 US-98
● Polk County Sheriff’s Operations Center, 1891 Jim Keene Blvd. in Winter Haven
People can watch from any public parking lot or park, according to a news release sent by Lakeland Regional Health on behalf of the participating agencies. They ask that people avoid parking lots for the agencies being honored since those spots are reserved for patient care and emergency situations.
The teen pilots will fly in formation in with a Piper L-18C, Piper PA-11, and an American Champion 7EC Champ.
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: email@example.com