It’s a Chamber of Commerce kind of news day:
— Following word that the chamber is looking to vacate its city-owned Lake Morton quarters if it can raise the money to build a center for business nonprofits, the Citrus Connection bus system lets city fathers know it would love to move into historic lakefront property.
— People who attended the chamber’s annual meeting last night saw:
- Larry Durrence receive the George Jenkins Award
- Sean Harper’s WebPro Realty win the Scott Linder Small Business of the Year Award
- The Rotary Clubs of Lakeland win Lakeland Vision’s new Cygnet Award for their benefit concerts
- The Orlando Magic’s Pat Williams announce a $600 season ticket price for the Magic’s Lakeland D-League team
- A new logo for the chamber, which is dropping “Area” from its name.
Source: The Ledger
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: email@example.com