- While Barry Friedman is attending a meeting of the Local Independent Online News Publishers, Chuck Welch again has the keys to the shop. Please leave a comment below with any complaints or corrections.
- If you log into the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s website, WaterMatters.org, change your password. The site was breached. If you use that password on other sites, change it everywhere. (Pro tip: don’t use the same password on multiple sites.) (Pro Tip Two: WaterMatters.Org automatically forwards to http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/ )
- Sheriff Grady Judd was accused of grandstanding by a Tampa attorney
- Anthony H. Conti Jr., 71, a Lakeland mental health professional, was arrested on two counts of a psychotherapist engaging in sex with a client. LPD is determining if there are more victims.
- The Lakeland Pigfest is moving to the Sun ‘n Fun facility for Jan. 27th and 28th, 2017. The move was to prevent conflicts with the renovations at Joker Marchant Stadium. (Please note that the new field name isn’t effective until February 9th, 2017.)
- The Florida High School Athletic Association has devised a new football playoff system that will also affect season scheduling for some teams.
Source: The Ledger
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org