APARTMENT MOLD: An elderly woman’s persistent complains about smelly mold in her apartment finally got action. The Swan Cove Apartments, which has a history of code violations, says it will fix the problem, but has moved up her move-out date from the end of the month to this weekend. She says she can’t move that quickly and the complex is retaliating because she reported the issue to city inspectors.

FIRE: A fire started by a child playing with a lighter displaced a family of three at 927 Tennessee Ave. A smoke alarm alerted the family, and all got out safely.

Source: The Ledger

SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: newstips@lkldnow.com

Loading...

Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.

Barry Friedman

Barry Friedman founded Lkldnow.com in 2015 as the culmination of a career in print and digital journalism. Since 1982, he has used the tools of reporting, editing and content curation to help people in Lakeland understand their community better.

Leave a comment

Your Thoughts On This? (Comments are moderated; first and last name are required.) Cancel reply