Upgrades at CSX railroad crossings will likely cause traffic delays this week near Old Tampa Highway in the Winston area and at key crossings west of Florida Avenue in South Lakeland, according to Polk County officials.
Work at each location is expected to take two to three days.
Construction is expected to start Tuesday at these locations:
• Old Tampa Highway at Gay Road
• Old Tampa Highway at Wilkinson Road
Work is expected to start Wednesday at these locations:
• West Pipkin Road between Old Highway 37 and Harden Boulevard
• School House Road – south of Medulla Elementary School
• Shepherd Road – between Old Highway 37 and State Road 37 (South Florida Avenue)
Detours will be set up at each location. Drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org