Our top live music recommendation this weekend: The musicians on “A Lakeland Christmas, Vol. 1” play their selections from the album and other favorites on Friday and Saturday at Union Hall, hosted/presented by the Vanguard Room. (Read Cary McMullen’s article about the album and hear it on Spotify.)
- Glass House Point, Avet, and Max Hedman on Saturday at LkldLive for some really talented, local alternative rock.
- Catch Ani and the Flyboys at Leo’s Live Music and Billiards on Friday as Anisette Mayer is becoming an improvisational tour de force with her soulful originals.
And a few from our editor:
- Can acoustic guitars match Kat Agner’s powerful vocals? We find out Friday night at Swan Brewing.
- Sublime gets the tribute concert treatment from local musicians at LkldLive Friday.
- Christmas kitsch goes operatic when Tatiana Kallman returns to the Pink Piano Saturday (Ledger preview).
- Chicago roots rock/blues guitarist RJ Howson and Michael Allman (son of Gregg) play the Music Ranch Saturday.
And here’s our updated live music calendar:
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org