Admission to the park, 16000 State Road 471, is $4 per car.
Scheduled activities include:
- BBQ lunch from 12:30 to 2 provided by Friends of Colt Creek State Park
- Music by the Sofa Kings from 12:30 to 2
- Hourly tram tours beginning at 12:15
- Guided pony tours from 1:30 to 3
- A photography hike at 2
- Geocaching at 1:30
- Rager-led hikes at 1 and 3
Activities taking place between noon and 4 p.m. include learning about alligators, butterflies, owls, animal rehabilitation, fishing and recycling. A youth fishing contest is planned. Also, view a firefighting helicopter and Polk Sheriff’s K-9 demonstration.