175 Lake Hollingsworth Drive
The Rath Senior ConNEXTions Center is pleased to announce a community-wide educational forum entitled, Senior Summit: Staying Connected. The Summit will be held from 9am – 2pm on Thursday, October 17, 2019 at the First Presbyterian Church, 175 Lake Hollingsworth Drive in Lakeland. Guests will benefit from a vast array of age-related information and available resources. Topics will focus on the most current and relevant aspects of successful aging to include senior safety, health, well-being and public policy.
Special panel presentations include the following experts:
- Sheriff Grady Judd, Polk County Sheriff
- Robert Follis, Assistant Attorney General, State of Florida
- Elaine Thompson, PhD, President and CEO, Lakeland Regional Health
- Rosemarie Lamm, PhD, ARNP, Director of Rath Senior ConNEXTions Center
- Carol Wallace, Attorney at Law, Elder Law Firm of Clements & Wallace, P.L.
- Rev. Rich Behers, DMin, Bcc, Chaplain, Cornerstone Hospice
- Patty Suarez, VP of Communications, Senior Connection Center
Who should attend? The Senior Summit is geared for older adults, their family members, caregivers and aging-related service providers. It is FREE and lunch will be provided. Afternoon breakout sessions will include time for questions and answers. Exhibitors will be on site to provide additional information and SHINE representatives will be available to assist with Medicare and other insurance options.
Interested attendees may RSVP by calling: 863-220-7002 or emailing RathSrConnextions@gmail.com for more information. The Senior Summit is provided at no cost thanks to partnerships with various senior services providers.