Winners tonight at Catapult’s 2nd Annual Lakeland Entrepreneur Awards were:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Chris McArthur of Black & Brew Coffee House and Bistro, Patriot Coffee Roasters, and a Cow Named Moo.
- People’s Choice Award: Josh “Bump” Galletta, artist and merchandiser
- Community Pillar: Jeff Chamberlain, recently retired senior vice president of real estate at Publix Super Markets.
Keynote speaker was Troy Carter, music entrepreneur and tech investor.
In addition to McArthur, nominees for Entrepreneur of the Year were:
- Ricardo Rivera of Dynamic Security
- Angie Ruff of Compass Blending
- Laura Shannon of Ashton Events, The Collective, Haus 820 and Bloom Shakalaka
The honor is officially named the David Lyons Entrepreneur of the Year, after the late founder of the company that grew into Saddle Creek Logistics Services.
In addition to Galletta, nominees for People’s Choice Award were:
The winner was chosen through public online voting.
The awards were presented tonight at a banquet at Haus 820 attended by several hundred.