Keep up with Lakeland.
Get your local news delivered right to your inbox. Each Thursday, you’ll receive the latest news, and a preview of weekend events.
Winners tonight at Catapult’s 2nd Annual Lakeland Entrepreneur Awards were:
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Chris McArthur of Black & Brew Coffee House and Bistro, Patriot Coffee Roasters, and a Cow Named Moo.
- People’s Choice Award: Josh “Bump” Galletta, artist and merchandiser
- Community Pillar: Jeff Chamberlain, recently retired senior vice president of real estate at Publix Super Markets.
Keynote speaker was Troy Carter, music entrepreneur and tech investor.
In addition to McArthur, nominees for Entrepreneur of the Year were:
- Ricardo Rivera of Dynamic Security
- Angie Ruff of Compass Blending
- Laura Shannon of Ashton Events, The Collective, Haus 820 and Bloom Shakalaka
All have been affiliated with Catapult Lakeland, the small business incubator affiliated with the Lakeland Economic Development Council.
The honor is officially named the David Lyons Entrepreneur of the Year, after the late founder of the company that grew into Saddle Creek Logistics Services.
In addition to Galletta, nominees for People’s Choice Award were:
- Nikki Hunt of Scout & Tag and Tag Atelier
- Benjamin Vickers of Honeycomb Bread Bakers
The winner was chosen through public online voting.
The awards were presented tonight at a banquet at Haus 820 attended by several hundred.
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org