- 66,000: People registered in Polk to receive the vaccine so far (55k are age 65 or older; the rest are front-line health workers.)
- 27,124: Polk residents who have gotten at least one dose; 2,662 have had both doses.
- 11,000: Doses to be administered in Polk this week. (7,000 first shots; 4,000 second doses)
- 2,800: Shots out of the 11,000 to be administered by Lakeland Regional Health and Winter Haven Hospital
- Undisclosed: How many of the doses will be reserved for residents of specific senior communities. (Last week it was roughly 2,400 out of the county’s 5,500 doses, The Ledger reported.)
- Your phone number: How the Health Department will contact you with appointment information. If you don’t pick up, they go to the next person and you’re called for the next round.
- (863) 298-7500: The number to call to register for the vaccine. Register online: polk.register.health. If you’ve already registered there, you can log in to view your information, but it won’t show you your place in line if you haven’t already received an appointment.
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org