We didn’t post a daily COVID-19 update article yesterday and today, we’re posting a summary below instead of a full article. But we continue updating our five information graphics every day. You can find them, along with all of our coronavirus coverage and links to local resources, on our COVID-19 page.
Here’s a summary of changes over the last two days:
- Polk confirmed cases: 840, an increase of 36 Thursday and 18 Friday
- Lakeland confirmed cases: 328, an increase of 12 on Thursday and 8 on Friday
- Polk deaths: 49, an increase of 1 Thursday and 3 on Friday
- Deaths involving Polk long-term-care-facilities: 34, an increase of 1 Thursday and 3 on Friday
- Polk hospitalizations: 254, an increase of 6 each day
- Total tested: 17,056, an increase of 755 Thursday and 390 Friday.
- Overall percent positive: 4.9% both days
In addition, Thursday’s report on long-term-care facilities reflected a COVID-19 outbreak at Consulate Health Care of Lakeland, 5425 N. Socrum Loop Road. Thursday’s report listed 70 cases there compared with 13 cases two days earlier. Thursday’s report lists 57 residents with positive cases, 10 residents who have been transferred away and three staff members with positive cases. An update on long-term-care facilities has not yet been posted today.
SEND FEEDBACK, corrections or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org