- Despite a reliance on advanced robotics, employment at Amazon’s million-square-foot fulfillment center in Lakeland is up from 500 to 800 and will grow for the holidays. Story | Gallery
- Five seasoned musicians come together in Wilshire to explore their Americana roots.
- Achievement Academy (formerly known as United Cerebral Palsy and Child Development Center) celebrates 60 years of serving children with disabilities.
- A witness says the accident that killed an FSC swimmer was unavoidable, and police are looking for information on where the student was earlier that evening.
- Business leaders got a look at the expanded Southern Wine & Spirits, and LEDC leader Steve Scruggs updated them on Catapult 2.0 plans. Story | Gallery
- Editorial: Partisan groups should open up forums in nonpartisan races, and Lakeland should scrap its toothless campaign ordinance.
- Both sides in a forum on the future of city government agreed there are problems at City Hall, but they differed on the solution.
- The Chamber of Commerce board chair praises City Hall for an investment decision and urges the “interim” be removed from Tony Delgado’s title.
- As Halloween approaches, Florida Dance Theatre premieres a full-length Dracula ballet by its artistic director on Saturday and holds a masquerade fundraiser tonight.
Tigers: A new city contract with Bill Tinsley reduces his pay and duties in working with the Detroit Tigers to complete renovations at Tigertown.
Schools: Teachers at Southwest Middle School are the first to get trauma packs under a Rotary program to bring emergency equipment into classrooms.
Finance: City government gets a guaranteed 7.25 percent return by investing a $15 million windfall as a loan to the pension fund.
Symphony: Guest soloist Andy Liu pays tribute to mentor Robert MacDonald at tonight’s ISO concert.
- A Leon County resident represented by Morgan & Morgan filed a class-action lawsuit against Publix Super Markets, claiming his cellphone was robocalled numerous times to remind him of prescriptions that weren’t his.
- The Imperial Symphony Orchestra celebrates its 50th anniversary by playing a piece it commissioned on Tuesday.
- Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille reopened after closing for renovations last month.