- Seniors pay $5 for a bag filled with fresh produce at a North Lakeland food co-op aimed at easing hunger | Video: 10 News, The Ledger
- Buoyed by $4.5 million in pledges from Publix employees, the United Way of Central Florida is poised to exceed its $9 million annual goal.
- Work has started on 259 apartments and retail in the Christina area.
- First Baptist Church at the Mall is expanding into Auburndale, part of a trend of larger churches including Victory Church spreading their influence via new locations.
- Craft beer‘s growing popularity is one of the reasons flavorings company Treatt USA has been able to double its Lakeland workforce in 10 years.
POLITICS: Polk donors give Jeb $68k ($52k of it from Lakelanders); Next were Hillary ($49k) and Marco ($33k).
EDGEWOOD: A retired police officer questions the need for landscaped medians on Edgewood Drive.