Dec. 5: Runoff for the Lakeland City Commission Northwest District seat. Candidates are Guy LaLonde Jr. and Samuel Simmons.
Polling places are open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for in-person voting.
Request a mail ballot
Anybody who received a mail ballot for the Nov. 7 city election will automatically get one for the runoff, according to Supervisor of Elections Lori Edwards.
For those who are not yet receiving vote-by-mail ballots, there are three ways to request one:
– Online: Start the process here. The deadline to request a mail ballot for the Dec. 5 primary is Nov. 22.
– Email: email@example.com
– Phone: 863-534-5888
Voting by mail Ballots must be received at the Polk Supervisor of Elections Office by 7 p.m. on Dec. 5.
Early walk-in voting
There will be one week of early walk-in voting, from Monday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Dec. 1. Hours are 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. It will take place at the Polk County Government Operations Center, 930 E. Parker St. (map).
Before you vote
If you have moved, changed your name or your signature has changed, notify the Elections Office before Election Day.
Voters will be asked to show two forms of identification: a signature identification and a photo identification. Some IDs that have both a photo and signature, such as a driver license, can be accepted as a single form of identification. More on polling-place procedures.
Register to vote
– Registration closed Oct. 10 for the city election.
– Register to vote or update your voter information online
– Download a printable registration form
– Get paper registration forms at banks and multiple other locations throughout Lakeland
– Frequently-asked questions and answers
Keep Up With Lakeland
Each Thursday, we’ll send you the latest news, including a preview of weekend events
SEND CORRECTIONS, questions, feedback or news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org